rhythmbox segfault (at libgstreamer)

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Wed Mar 2 13:33:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:32:00 +0100 (CET), Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> >> rhythmbox segs on all MP3s with the backtrace pointing at gstreamer
> >> being the culprit.

> >> Is this known or something I should investigate?

> > Wrong list, since Rawhide and problems with Fedora Test releases are
> > covered on fedora-test-list.
>
> Fedora devel problems are no longer covered by the fedora-devel list ?
> I thought fedora-test was only there to avoid drowning fedora-devel with
> problem reports at test times.

I'm pretty sure, fedora-devel has never been a list for users of Fedora
Core development packages. It's a list about developing Fedora Core and
developing on top of Fedora Core.

Bugs in Rawhide are dealt with in bugzilla. Packages in Rawhide are test
packages, and hence any problem related discussion about them belongs onto
fedora-test-list. Fedora Core Test releases are snapshots of Rawhide and
are discussed on the same list. Updates for Fedora Core Test releases
come out of Rawhide. All the test stuff is discussed on fedora-test.

With a bit of fantasy you could turn a segfault into a development
related topic. But if fedora-devel were used for every ordinary report
of malfunctioning software in unstable test packages, the list would be
cluttered up with such messages.