Intel Pro Wireless cards

Miloslav Trmac mitr at volny.cz
Thu Mar 3 07:55:28 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 11:56:19PM -0500, Eric Warnke wrote:
> I think we should re-evaluate the belief that locking out "free as in
> beer" firmware
For ipw2100, this misses the point; ISTR we are shipping several other
firmware images in Fedora without source.

The ipw2100 license doesn't allow free redistribution (the recipient
must explicitly agree to the license); you can't just burn a CD including
that firmware and give it to someone.

I don't know whether you condider that "free as in beer", but
IMHO sacrificing redistributability of FC for the firmware is just
not worth it, all other factors aside.
	Mirek