reducing distribution CD count

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at redhat.com
Thu Mar 3 11:07:33 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 10:33 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
>On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 01:30 -0800, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Then the guidelines should be changed to accomodate
>> this. Wasnt flexible trademark guidelines one of the
>> changes for the rename to Fedora?
>
>It would certainly be useful if the trademark guidelines permitted one
>to build and distribute a DVD  or set of CDs which contains _only_
>Fedora Core, Fedora Extras and the official updates to those.

I think it might - but maybe we should get a clarification:

http://fedora.redhat.com/about/trademarks/guidelines/page4.html

They must only use the Fedora™ mark in association with the original
Fedora™ code found on the Fedora Project website (see
http://fedora.redhat.com/) without modification

Both extras and core are available here, and updates also.

http://fedora.redhat.com/about/trademarks/guidelines/page5.html

So we'd be shipping unmodified Fedora Core, Updates and Extras as a
work. Which is still identifiable as Fedora.  So I don't think we fall
into the "seperate patches" category.

Paul