rawhide report: 20050304 changes

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Mar 4 14:31:37 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 09:02 -0500, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 09:58:59AM -0500, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> > Build System wrote:
> >
> > >Removed package rpmdb-fedora
> > >

> > I'm quite sure this package will be missed.
>
> Isn't all that info in repodata already anyway?
> So just need a tool that will query it...

So here's what we have right now.

Yum in cvs is now incrementally building an sqlite db of the repodata
from the repositories you have enabled in your config.

Then Panu Matilainen has been working on a tool called repoquery which
lets you query that database in much the same way you'd query the
rpmdb-fedora.

-sv