Follow-up - kernel.src Issue

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Fri Mar 4 16:04:46 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 16:54 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> > Correct me if I am wrong but this new format allows for creating a
> > custom FC kernel only by text editing the config files which (IMO) is a
> > VERY bad idea. Without "make config" it is possible to select
> > conflicting options or to omit dependent options.
>
> Why don't you use "make config"?
>
> > Can I get an "official" comment - please?
>
> I think your problem is that you simply refuse to use the existing kernel
> src.rpm package. And you don't explain what doesn't work for you or what
> makes you think you could not use "make config" any longer.

This is REALLY getting frustrating. Have you ever installed a
kernel.src.rpm package? How, prey tell, would you use "make config" to
create a custom kernel? Here's my procedure to this point:

http://www.tqmcube.com/fc3_custom_kernel.htm

Please explain the steps to create a custom kernel now that %buildsrc
has been eliminated from the spec file.
--
Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
Fight Spam: http://www.tqmcube.com/rbldnsd.htm