Eclipse On Fedora

Phil Muldoon pmuldoon at redhat.com
Sat Mar 5 15:30:28 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 20:37 +0530, Chetan Raj wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Why aren't we shipping Eclipse by default on Fedora?

We are shipping a natively build Eclipse for Fedora 4 forward with
Python, C/C++, integrated Bugzilla and Changelog support. As well as the
normal Java environment. The development and maturity free Java stack
has just now allowed us to work on bringing it to you.

> Eclipse is definetely a good IDE for development.

I agree ;)

> And why does Eclipse 3.1 crash on FC3?

Hmmm what installation/environment are you using?

BTW we wrote up a message on

fedora-devel-java-list at redhat.com

on how to get native built Eclipse 3.1 working via rawhide if you are
interested. As with all software in rawhide, stability caveats are
present.

Regards

Phil Muldoon