Including OO templates in fc4

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Sat Mar 5 23:01:51 UTC 2005

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> To many people (lacking artistic skill etc), templates really makes it
> simpler to create documents (presentations especially). But none of
> those are included in our distribution of OpenOffice, our main office
> suite. Maybe it should?
>
> I don't know whats included in upstream OO, but at least there are some
> templates to be found at http://ooextras.sourceforge.net/
>
> I know that we are aleady pushed for space, but including a few kb's of
> templates to the huge package OO already is, seems nothing but
> reasonable, especially considering the end-user benefit.

This is probably a good thing to do.  For example, there are also templates at
documentation.openoffice.org, like an Org Chart, an Excellence Award, etc.
There are also quite a few at ooextras.  A select # should probably get added to
the base package since they don't really take up much space, perhaps another
500k or so for a few.

Dan