any plans to symlink /etc/lvm to /boot?

Jeff Macdonald macfisherman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 02:28:07 UTC 2005

I had the unpleasant experience of having my system not booting
because I had apparently messed up adding a new whole disk to the
volume group. The LVM tools create backup data in /etc/lvm/backup.
However, since root uses LVM, there's little chance in actually being
able to use the backup data if the volume group goes bad. Since /boot
is a normal partition and accessible in a rescue situation, wouldn't
it make more sense to have /etc/lvm be a symlink to /boot/lvm? This
way the data should be available.

--
Jeff Macdonald
Ayer, MA