Including OO templates in fc4

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Mon Mar 7 00:41:09 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 14:09 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 19:57:53 +0100, Kyrre Ness Sjobak
> <kyrre at solution-forge.net> wrote:
> > Maybe not more than five or so. But *some*.
>
> Does upstream oo.org builds include any templates? How about you work
> upstream and get 5 GOOD templates for oo.org into the upstream
> defaults for oo.org that would be available in all oo.org builds for
> all of oo.org's supported operating systems.

I'm sory, but what a bollocks of an argument.

By this same reasoning, Redhat and Fedora would never have fooled with
the menu layout for Gnome because what's good enough from upstream is
good enough for RH/Fedora

There are plenty of packages that RH/Fedora change to meet the specific
needs of their distro.  Another example is the exclusion of
gnome-desktop-backgrounds which seems to be very much like you suggest
that Fedora should be doing with backgrounds.  Gnome-desktop-backgrounds
is officially part of gnome-2.10 so why isn't Fedora shipping it.  It's
good enough for upstream.

So lets not argue that because OOo doesn't ship templates, Fedora
shouldn't because history speaks otherwise.  If you don't want templates
included then just say it.

Sorry if this seems a little rude. ;-]

Rodd