Printing system proposal

Remco Poelstra remco at beryllium.net
Tue Mar 8 21:36:55 UTC 2005

John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> porting to the new dbus and hal api's.  That is almost done and on our
> agenda is to get back to the printing issues.  At that point I will look
> more closely at your proposal.

Good to hear that it's on the agenda, because after some 40 years, unix
deserves a good printingsystem.

> BTW you need to illustrate the system/session split in your proposal.
> On an initial glance the flow looks wrong to me (things like you will
> never get cups accepting dbus commands directly).  It needs to be more
> detailed.  Thanks.

Hmm, from your reply I make up that DBUS works in a different way than I
think. I'll read into it and come back with a better/different proposal.

Anyway nice to hear that RH is interested in the view of "outsiders".

Remco Poelstra