Including OO templates in fc4

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at yahoo.co.in
Tue Mar 8 20:18:56 UTC 2005

Hi

> I'm not here to argue the pros and cons of
> autopackage.
>
> The fact is autopackage has not convinced an
> overwhelming majority of
> Linux users yet, and therefore it would be stupid of
> OpenOffice.org
> (which is not in the Linux packaging market and only
> wants to distribute
> its stuff as widely as possible) to back autopackage
> exclusively.

Popularity shouldnt prevent anyone from using
something if it suits them. autopackage is not yet
"famous" because it is just about have a 1.0 release
and will only maintain API/ABI stability from that
point.

btw many popular software like abiword,gimp, inkscape
etc already have autopackaged versions

Regards
Rahul Sundaram