A more efficient up2date service using binary diffs

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 16:34:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:28:30 +0000, Joe Desbonnet <jdesbonnet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any reason why people hate it?  I really can't see any downsides to
> this as an enhancement to the current system.

Perhaps.. this is a good point for you to go talk to the zen/Red
Carpet developers about their experiences trying to support the patch
rpm feature. We can outline what seems to be logically intuitive
workflow and navel gaze for long periods of time. But if you are
really interested in this approach i think its important for you to
get perspective on whats already being worked on so that you can be a
much more effective advocate if you still are interested after
reviewing the development efforts already on going to deal with the
patch rpm issues.

-jef