removing xcdroast (was Re: rawhide report: 20050304 changes)

Iago Rubio iago.rubio at hispalinux.es
Wed Mar 9 19:40:21 UTC 2005

> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 18:29:44 +0100, Harald Hoyer
> > Well nautilus-cd-burner may not provide enough for those, who do not
> > want to use ANY kde app.
>
> have those sorts of people looked at gtk+ based graveman.. which is in
> extras already?

I think it's quite difficult right now for users to test graveman, as
most users are not aware of extras, and upstream rpms depends on libmad,
that's not in Core.

Those users that are not willing to touch their yum.conf files - so only
aware of packages on the base and released updates repos - are unable to
take a look at graveman right now.

They will have to wait for extras in yum.conf - in next release - to
take a look at this, then I'm almost sure xcdroast could be dropped.

Just a couple of doubts - just lack of knowledge, as I did not tested
graveman:

Is it capable of writing multi session disks ?

Is it capable of writing bootable disks ?

I haven't found too much information on the graveman site about this,
just one bug report of graveman being unable to write multi session CDs.

I would be a pity to loose those features, even while graveman UI looks
so promising.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
--
Iago Rubio