hald causing stutters

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Mar 10 20:42:49 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 07:30 +1100, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> I'm using the gnome battery applet included in gnome.  I've been using
> this pre-0.5.0 and it wasn't giving me anything like this grief.

So, it turns out that this applet poll every thirty seconds.

I'm currently running a new hal package through the build system that
polls every thirty seconds (instead of every five) and only reads files
from /proc/acpi once on every poll (instead of four times). This should
address these issues, at least in terms of not sucking anymore that the
bespoke applet.

David