Release Notes Suggestion

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 20:42:38 UTC 2005

Paul

> Bug reports would have been useful - most things are configurable in the
> driver so if you just want tap we could do that.

I did some more investigation into the erratic behaviour and was amazed.

If you drag up and down along the right-hand edge of the pad, you get
events for mouse buttons 4 and 5 (aka the scroll wheel).

If you drag left and right along the right-hand edge of the pad, you get
events for mouse buttons 6 and 7. I had no idea what these were mapped
to, but they sometimes act like a horizontal scroll wheel. In Mozilla
they do next and previous in the page history.

If you tap the pad once you get a single mouse click.

If you do a double-tap you get a click-and-drag.

If you tap with one finger you get mouse button 1 clicks or drags

If you tap with two fingers you get mouse button 2 clicks / drags

If you tap with three fingers you get mouse button 3 clicks / drags

I dont remember seeing any documentation about these features anywhere -
not even in the literature that came with the laptop.

> I should look at a config tool for it I guess.

That sounds useful :)

-Cam