USB card reader gone again

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 22:52:12 UTC 2005

Hi,

> Few questions:
>
>  1. does hald appear to work when starting from a terminal window? E.g.
>     can you run lshal or hal-device-manager? (remember to run it as root
>     with --daemon=no --verbose=yes --retain-privileges)

Can't find either lshal or hal-device-manager on my system so can't say.

>  2. Is the situation the same with the 2.6.11-1.1177_FC4 kernel you
>     original had problems with?

Yes.

I'll open a bugzilla report on this (hal) rather than the kernel as this
looks more likely given my devices reappear after running haldaemon
from /etc/init.d

TTFN

Paul
--
"I like blinking me" - Helen, Big Brother 2 contestant