Old kernel RPMS

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Sun Mar 13 12:11:29 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 09:52 +0100, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 03:39 -0500, Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
>
> > suspects are kernel and gcc4 compiler (since I remember 6629 used to
> > work at some point).
>
> and... the driver.

Well, the driver stayed the same, while the kernel changed, and made the
driver stop working. As far as I'm concerned, the kernel broke it.
Whether the fault is in the kernel, or driver, the end result is the
same - it doesn't work anymore, and I have to downgrade to
a kernel compatible with the nvidia driver (at least for running
OpenGL).

--
Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu>
Cornell University