Old kernel RPMS

Michael Favia michael.favia at insitesinc.com
Sun Mar 13 20:07:46 UTC 2005

Otto Haliburton wrote:

>well, my 02c is to get rid of the list police, the time spent on what is
>appropriate for the list and what is inappropriate for the list is as big a
>waste of bandwidth as the original thread.  If a response is made to an
>inquiry then it is appropriate otherwise it will die as all threads
>eventually do.  Now see, I've wasted bandwidth by making my response.

I disagree. Responding encourages future attempts and will build like a
snowball. Politely explaining the purpose of the list and the nature of
their offtopic post is much etter longterm IMO. I have issues everyday
that i would appreciate feedback from the experience developers/users on
this list but recognize that time is valuable and that if they had time
to spare to help my problem they'll read the appropriate list. The
polite negative responses serve as a reminder to the silent operatives
out there (like me) that this isnt the place to ask even though the
people here do know the answer.

However the original posters question was ontopic IMO and i have run
into the unavailability kernel issue myself a number of times.

-mf