Alsa Drivers Missing In The FC4 Kernel

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Mar 13 22:32:40 UTC 2005

Dave Jones writes:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 01:26:49PM -0500, Janina Sajka wrote:
>  > I'm looking at the configs in the 2.6.11-1.1177_FC4 kernel source rpm
>  > and note that the hdsp alsa driver is "not configured," and the three
>  > Echo Indigo drivers are not even mentioned.
>  >
>  > I'm wondering what's up with this. These happen to be my two preferred
>  > devices right now. Anyone know?
>
> When they first got merged they didn't build.
> Same was true of quite a few options that have probably been
> fixed since then. The config files need some review before FC4 final.
>
> I've enabled CONFIG_SND_HDSP for the next build. What config options
> relate to the other three drivers you mention ? Nothing obvious
> jumps out at me, and grep -i indigo in the sound directory
> turned up nothing.

FC4 kernels will be alsa 1.0.8, no? The Echo cards are supported for the
first time in 1.0.8. There are quite a few, and they tend toward the
high-end, audio professional level. The alsa-driver config file,
toplevel.config, lists them as:

CONFIG_SND_DARLA20=m
CONFIG_FW_LOADER=m
CONFIG_SND_GINA20=m
CONFIG_SND_LAYLA20=m
CONFIG_SND_DARLA24=m
CONFIG_SND_GINA24=m
CONFIG_SND_LAYLA24=m
CONFIG_SND_MONA=m
CONFIG_SND_MIA=m
CONFIG_SND_GINA3G=m
CONFIG_SND_LAYLA3G=m
CONFIG_SND_INDIGO=m

The Indigos are PCMCIA. All of these, including the hdsp, also require
alsa-firmware and alsa-tools.

Thanks.