Old kernel RPMS

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 14 00:00:12 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 18:29 -0500, Paul Iadonisi wrote:

>   Possibly.  I suppose developers can always use cvs to get what they
> need.  But that still leaves out the problem of older official updates
> to releases disappearing.  I'll see if I can find that mirror that kept
> multiple revs of rpms in rawhide...maybe it also had multiple revs back
> in the updates as well.

Probably all of them, otherwise they aren't really mirrors as far as I
can see:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386/
appears to contain several revs when they have been issued. updates-
testing I'm less sure about though, but the real releases do seem to be
kept around - and since the ones that made it into updates-testing and
got superseded before they were released often had somewhat severe
problems I don't really think that the lack of an updates-testing
archive is all that much of a problem.

/Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University