Old kernel RPMS

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Tue Mar 15 16:03:46 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 16:44 +0100, Harald Hoyer wrote:
> Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
> > My nvidia driver crashes again - no logs, no error messages, no info of
> > any kind. Only happens when running OpenGL games after several minutes
> > of gameplay - screen goes to gray diagonal lines, and the system's
> > completely frozen. Happens with 6629, and 7167 -
> > suspects are kernel and gcc4 compiler (since I remember 6629 used to
> > work at some point). This is going to be extremely unpleasant to debug.
>
> and this is really no thermal problem? (just asking)

thermal.. as in overheating problem? I sure hope not - it worked fine
until recently. I am starting to get suspicious, however, because
yesterday it locked up with the nv driver. It also locked up earlier
when not running any openGL apps. So.. the problem is either the kernel
or the card. I will turn on sysrq and investigate. I see no Oops or
panic in the log as is..

--
Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu>
Cornell University