packages list

Karel Zak kzak at redhat.com
Thu Mar 17 08:22:32 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 22:56 -0500, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 03:08:10 +0000, Dariusz J. Garbowski
> <thuforuk at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > - list of files in rpm
>
> I haven't included it since I don't think it's useful to have in a HTML page.
>
> > - links to bugzilla bugs (also from changelog!)
>
> RepoView is distribution-agnostic, so treating #{number} as a link to
> redhat's bugzilla is not necessarily the best idea, especially since
> changelogs can mention bugs from a gnome bugzilla, or from a very
> large number of others.

Yes, you're right. But I think 80% of all #{number} are pointers to RH
bugzilla. It's enough. By the way it support links to CAN- DB too.

> > - dependencies
>
> I've considered it, but again, have not found that useful for someone
> who is looking at a package listing on the web. I may still add it,

We have different view on problem. I want to make it useful for
developers and package maintainers too. For this there are dependences
and details about all files in all supported architectures of package.

If I will prepare nice web page for users only, I'm sure that I will use
your script rather than my. (Hmm.. maybe we can for official fedora web
pages use your repoview and for internal RH developers use my script
with all FC+RHEL...).

> but "hidden" by default using styles, so clicking on a "[+] show
> dependencies" link will unhide it -- possibly the same with files. The
> concern is -- how much larger will that make the html files? There are

It's 400Mb of HTML for FC3+updates ;-(

	Karel
--
Karel Zak <kzak at redhat.com>