GFS removed??? (was: rawhide report: 20050315 changes)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Mar 17 10:28:37 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 11:11:41AM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> > > or you could just read ville's post about this to fedora-maintainers or
> > > -extras iirc.
> [...]
> > W/o knowing the contents of his post,
>
> Axel, read:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2005-March/msg00096.html

Thanks, as I see it Ville discussed setting up the infrastructure to
build kernel modules against. What I miss is the discussion of the
kernel modules themselves, e.g. what is the proposed naming/versioning
scheme.

It was a long discussion, but I think finally we all agreed that `uname
-r` has to be part of the kernel module _name_, while the
version/release tags are standard ones (wrt the module's source).

The proposed naming from my side is foo-kmdl-`uname -r`. It's short,
sorts well with the rest of foo, doesn't need any
yum/up2date/apt/smart special handling and users have already accepted
this.

Still wrt to the list inflation and closure, no being able to
participate to the discussion of such fundamental parts is non-open
for the least to say ...
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net