ethereal rpm tweaks

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Mar 17 16:17:24 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 12:43:11PM +0100, Radek Vokál wrote:
> > Compiled with GLib 2.4.8, with libpcap 0.8.3, with libz 1.2.1.2,
> > without libpcre, with Net-SNMP 5.1.2, with ADNS.
> Ok, from your tweaks only -with-ssl survives. I can't link ethereal with
> package from extras - adns.

Sorry to jump in a bit late here.

If someone _has_ adns installed, the build picks it up and links
against it. May be good to explicitly disable ADNS, so as to not
accidentally make "polluted" builds.

(Also, if you include ADNS, it makes a complaint when you run ethereal if
you are using "options rotate" in resolv.conf. *sigh*.)