Openness: Apache as a guiding model (was Re: GFS removed??? )

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Mar 17 19:52:57 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 11:42:12AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 20:31 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > Yes, because this is not a subject to be discussed on a closed
> > list. It certainly affects more than extras, core and rhel. In fact
> > this discussion is more about ISVs like the dozens of 3rd party repos
> > and driver packagers.
>
> Unfortunately it's not possible to open discussion about this type
> of stuff to every joe-bob that happens to make a package, and expect
> anything to get done in any reasonable amount of time.  Contribution
> to Extras of Core grants you a voice in the discussion of package
> maintainership and certain levels of infrastructure.  Same style of
> setup that projects like, oh, I don't know, Apache use.

OK, fine with me. You are loosing significant input (I'm not the only
3rd party repo maintainer that ist staying out of closed doors), but I
hope you'll get to a decent result anyhow.

Let's close this thread before someone mentiones that discussion moved
to a closed list due to moise levels here (not noting that the noise
was not generated by joe-bob, but by the main actors ...)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net