A more efficient up2date service using binary diffs

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Tue Mar 22 03:29:18 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 03:09 +0000, Joe Desbonnet wrote:
> It may work with other servlet containers and JavaVMs but that is the
> only combination I had time to test so far. If it proves useful it
> should be possible to remove the Tomcat dependency and perhaps compile
> to navative with gcj (?).

No need!  This appears to work out of the box with the FC4 tomcat5 by
simply copying the war file into the webapps directory and restarting
tomcat5.  I just tried it.  This is with the fully free gcj-based
execution environment in FC4.

Your webapp classes could also be natively compiled with a little bit of
effort. You currently need to explode the war file, compile the .jar
and .class files and add them to the system classmap database.  Perhaps
gcj should be taught about .war files.  I will file a bug against gcj.

Thanks,

AG