Status of USB install support in FC4 Test1?

Glen Kim ogle at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Mar 22 22:06:23 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Pete Zaitcev wrote:

[snip]

> Also please pardon me asking, but why would you want this? It sounds like
> a crackpot idea to me. Do you want to have something like Fedoppix on
> a USB flash key? I am very interested to know what is the intended
> application of such install.

 	Well, personally speaking, I had an experience with USB booting
that was more esoteric but just as useful.  I had put a hdd I was not
longer using with FC1 in a USB enclosure, and was trying to boot my laptop
off it.  Obviously it didn't work, but it would have been nice if it did!