DVD burning goosed?

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Mar 22 23:55:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 23:18 +0000, Paul wrote:
> Hi
>
> > > I'm trying to burn to my NEC 3500a dual layer DVD burner and it
> > > permanently crashes out at 9% of the burn. The burner is physically
> > > sound (burns CDs fine, reads DVDs fine, burns about 9% of the disc
> > > fine ;-p) and I'm using brand new Bulkpaq 4x DVD-R discs (which I've
> > > used plenty of times before now).
> >
> > Wrong list.
>
> How is software supplied in rawhide being discussed on this list on the
> wrong list?
>
> I'm trying to see if there is currently a problem with the software in
> rawhide which can be causing DVD writing problems - you know, the stuff
> which needs to be found and fixed before FC4 goes live properly?

I guess because the list set up for this type of discussion is
fedora-test-list.  While things are quiet (before test releases are
made) people on this list will often answer these questions, but when
the lists are hot (like now) it's preferred that these questions go to
the appropriate list.  Before FC4-t1, both lists were getting minimal
traffic.  Since the release, fedora-test-list is getting about 90 or 100
messages a day and the fedora-devel is getting about 50.