fedora-directory-server?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 01:28:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:40:07 +0100, Kyrre Ness Sjobak
<kyrre at solution-forge.net> wrote:
> While reporting a bug in bugzilla, I came over a courious option -
> "fedora directory server". What is this? Google only turned up with a
> closed mailing list with closed archives - and something about the
> acquisition of the Netscape directory...
>
> While bugzilla gives me some hints (database, security/access control,
> different UI's, migration etc - but no bugs...), and the mentioned
> acquisition some more - but it is definitely leaving me rather
> curious... What is this thing? When will it be released?

They bought a chunk of the old netscape products last year. It
included the directory server, certificate server and some other
stuff. They are planning to release it as open source over 6 to 12
months (from september) as part of their total open source solution so
I'd expect to see it start to appear of the next couple of months.

You can read the official redhat press here
http://www.redhat.com/about/presscenter/2004/press_neighbor.html

Pete