rawhide report: 20050319 changes

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Mar 23 08:37:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 16:18 -0800, Anthony Green wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 18:58 -0500, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> > This was my motivation.  Eclipse includes lots of things own as jars that
> > don't get rebuilt during the build procedure.  jsch is one of them.  jzlib
> > was necessary as a dependency of jsch.  lucene is next on my list.  Now we
> > can symlink out of the Eclipse build and runtime directories to jars we
> > have on the system (and that we built ourselves).
>
> I think we should do a round of this with OO.o as well.  It ships with a
> number of jars which should really be their own packages (and are
> currently JPackaged).  hsqldb and rhino are two good examples.

Yeah, I've done this for nearly all there other stock libraries. For the
java things the Ooo rhino has a small patchset applied to it (which
additionally makes it not compile with gcj out of the box), so it's not
the stock rhino. On the other hand hsqldb is a good candidate as its a
stock 1.8.0RC3 hsqldb, as too is beanshell.

C.