OT: Re: problem with updated yum...

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Thu Mar 24 17:12:51 UTC 2005

Kaspars wrote:

> hmm, thanks it worked :)
>
> btw, somebody can point me how to make that yum use my configurated
> best point to update, not try some random site?
>
> and how hard is to make local yum repository?
> In my country we have problem with internacional trafic and I`m
> interested to make local server where you can point yum to update and
> write how-to in our language...

To setup your server:
    Set up a cron job to use wget or rsync to mirror your favorite
mirror daily.
    Make the tree available on your webserver.
    Write and publish your how-to.

To configure yum to use your server:
    Edit /etc/yum.repos.d/*
    Comment out the mirrorlist and baseurl lines.
    In each file, enter a new baseurl line that looks like this:
       baseurl=http://yourservername/yourfedoratree/repositoryname
       (eg.
baseurl=http://www.kaspersserver.com/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os )

Ask any further questions on Google or fedora-list at redhat.com