Stateless linux

Matthew Eastman meastman at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Mar 31 18:30:38 UTC 2005

Paul A. Houle wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:45:47 +1000, Colin Charles <byte at aeon.com.my> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 07:54 -0700, Stephen J. Smoogen wrote:
>>
>>> Actually, I was waiting for some sort of larger announcement and
>>> mailing list
>>> myself. I had put a very little time into it.. but couldnt see who
>>> else was wanting it or doing anything on it. Having a mailing list
>>> would be useful.
>>

>> It was however decided till the traffic on f-d-l got too high, there
>> would be no stateless linux list. So, why not just use f-d-l in the
>> meantime?
>
>     Curiosity about stateless linux was one of the reasons I joined
> f-d-l.   I've heard very little about stateless linux in the last month
> --  certainly there is another other stuff going on f-d-l that it
> doesn't seem  like a comfortable place to discuss stateless linux.
>
>     On the other hand,  it could be that stateless linux is dead in the
> water  and there wouldn't be enoug of a critical mass to sustain
> discussion  elsewhere.

I would really like to see the stateless project be revived. It seems
like it is a good idea, and I know several people, including myself, who
have implemented alternatives after realizing that stateless was no
longer being developed. I would be willing to help in this cause if
there are enough other people for this to worthwhile.

--
Matthew Eastman
Center for Computation & Technology