Stateless Debian Project

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Tue May 3 16:08:10 UTC 2005

Hi

> pl note that Debian has versions Stable (1-2 yrs....like RHEL 18
> months) , testing (yearly), unstable(few months ...like fedora)....

If you really insist on a comparison, Debian unstable is more like
Fedora development tree. Fedora project itself does test releases
periodically between every major release which has been about every 6
months so far.  Updates are provided till the second test release of
second subsequent major version following it. You can use Fedora legacy
to extend this lifecyle even further

> As per  RH not enough volunteers ....lots of people other people (me
> included)... there is lot of potential in the concept..I wrote many
> mails regarding the status of Stateless Linux and offering to
> volunteer but .....

You are still welcome to work on it and produce actual code. Fedora
extras CVS is open to community contributors

regards
Rahul