Duplicated files in the pristine FC4t2 installation

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Mon May 2 13:09:46 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 08:58 -0400, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> > About licenses what about a licenses.rpm which gets installed by default
> > which contains most common licenses and which is an obligatory part of
> > the base system. And then just put a ptr to the license in the rpm -qi
> > info? That would also cleanout /usr/share/doc since quite a few dirs
> > there only contain a copy of the GPL / MPL / whatever license
>
> problem is that the GPL at least requires you to ship the license with
> the software. And RPMs get used and for sure distributed outside
> fedora...

This wouldn't be a drawback if some utility would search and replace the
duplicates in /usr/share/doc for instance after installation of all the
selected packages. But I'm not sure if rpm will be happy with it...

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>, http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/

The worst evil in the world is refusal to think.