Request for Testing of Installer X Configuration on PPC

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue May 3 08:09:31 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 09:01 +0200, Zoltan Kota wrote:
> It doesn't really boot for me.
> iMac PowerPC G5, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, (LCD 1440x900)

That's a kernel issue -- the 32-bit kernel doesn't run on the G5; you
need the 64-bit kernel there. Ideally we'd have the bootloader detect
the machine type and automatically pick the right kernel. At the moment,
though, you need a separate boot.iso for the G5. I'm not sure if Jeremy
built a 64-bit version.

--
dwmw2