What dependencies does it need ?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue May 3 15:13:01 UTC 2005

Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 10:31 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
>
>>Add a "Requires: gtk-doc" for this one at least, that's where
>>gtkdoc-common.pl lives.
>

> Okay.
> I guess the libc issue is stilla mytery... :-)

One of the binaries in the package is probably linked against a
"private" function in glibc. You may be able to find the problematic
binary using "objdump -p" on each binary in the package and look for
GLIBC_PRIVATE in the output.

You would then need to figure out which symbol was causing the problem
and fix the build process to not detect that symbol in glibc (e.g. by
forcing the configure script to use an alternative implementation). I
had a similar issue with libspf2 finding the private symbol __ns_get16
in glibc. Good luck!

Paul.