Firefox etc. default homepage

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Sat May 7 13:06:08 UTC 2005

lør, 07.05.2005 kl. 14.36 skrev Rahul Sundaram:
> Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
>
> >Today we use the release notes as standard homepage for all browsers,
> >instead of whatever is upstream default. Why do we do that, while
> >constantly repeating the mantra "upstream!, upstream!, upstream!"?
> >

> Even after having the release notes setup as the default page, many
> users miss out important information present in it.  If we are moving to
> the upstream default, then we need a better prominent help option
> available in the panel or menu by default.

Definitively. Perhaps giving the release notes when people ask for them,
together with other documentation - and not try to "push it down their
throat"?

Another reason to put it somewhere else, is to ensure it doesn't "get
lost" when the user changes his/her homepage to something more
usefull...

Not every user is also an admin, and the stuff in the release-notes is
primarily meant for admins.