Firefox etc. default homepage

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun May 8 19:07:52 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-08 at 00:42 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> >any rough cuts of this in cvs or some url? and are you taking an RFE's
> >against the design? and where would I file them?
> >
> >-jef
> >

> I am just volunteering to do this on my own interest and will make
> something available publicly after a few weeks. If anyone does have
> ideas please just drop me an email. I will take into consideration every
> idea anyone sends me and I will respond back in detail

Rahul has discussed this with me as a parallel to the standard relnotes.
Regardless of what we consider the target niche for Fedora is, there are
_plenty_ of newbies who are using Fedora, thank ye gods.  Our current
relnotes are oriented for the admin, and that is a very important role
they fill.  Rahul's idea fills a similar role for the "typical end-
user".  As *both* an admin and a end-user, I would use both relnotes for
their different purposes.

I think Rahul's idea would either make a dandy default homepage, or a
prominent top link on a link-aggregator default homepage.

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide