ElementTree vs. lxml (python XML libraries)

Konstantin Ryabitsev mricon at gmail.com
Thu May 12 17:55:22 UTC 2005

On 5/12/05, John (J5) Palmieri <johnp at redhat.com> wrote:
> Is it a possibility to port yum to lxml? Are we married to ElementTree?
> Would having both libraries in the distribution be objectionable? Does
> anyone else have a deeper knowledge of either or both libraries that can
> shed more light on the issue.

Yum is not married to ElementTree, it's married to
${FASTEST_XML_PARSER_FOR_PYTHON}. However, I *really* like the
ElementTree API, so if lxml can a) ship with the same API, and b) be
faster than ElementTree, I don't see a reason to stay with
ElementTree.

Regards,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Zlotniks, INC

"В нашем деле за это бьют подсвечниками." --Фукс