Suspend to disk with 2.6.14-1.1642_FC5

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Sat Nov 5 02:41:14 UTC 2005

Here is another quick report for the latest kernel and suspend to disk
on HP-ZE4201 notebook (for full hardware specs see:
http://www.rexursive.com/articles/linuxonhpze4201.html).

This kernel actually suspends, but on resume, the X (and keyboard) locks
up. I can SSH into the box, but that isn't very useful when you're on
the train ;-)

I have to admit that I'm puzzled as to why suspend2 didn't make into the
mainline kernel. It has been rock solid (at least on my box) for months
now, it is much faster to suspend/resume due to compression, it doesn't
free the memory on suspend (so your apps respond faster on resume), it
looks nicer etc. If any of people on this list have the ear of mainline
kernel folk, it would be really nice if they said a thing or two so that
we finally have that patch where it belongs. Please? Pretty please? :-)

--
Bojan