Default touchpad configuration confusing

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Sun Nov 6 21:40:12 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 15:11 -0500, Garry Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 14:55 +0000, Joe Desbonnet wrote:
> > This may be more an up stream issue for Gnome or x.org, but it does
> > seriously impact the usability of FC on laptops:
>
> [snip]
>
> This doesn't fix the problem you report and others have mentioned a bug
> report would be appropriate, but...
>
> I found the default behavior very irritating, too.  Here's my fix.
> Change xorg.conf making the VertScrollDelta and HorizScrollDelta options
> zero.  No more gestures.  I also wanted to speed up my pointer so I
> changed the MinSpeed to 0.65 from 0.3.  It used to take more than two
> strokes across my pad to get across the screen.  YMMV.

Rather than raising the value of MinSpeed, you might be better of
adding:

        Option      "AccelFactor" "0.0300"

This will move you mouse pointer further the faster you move your finger
on the mouse pad.  But it also leaves your mouse at a nice speed for
working in the local area.  You might need to adjust the value for your
screen size.

R.
 It's much better on my side"