xorg-x11-twm error cannot rewrite files

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 17:29:26 UTC 2005

On 11/11/05, Jason Dravet <dravet at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am updateing to todays rawhide and when yum was cleaning up the
> xorg-x11-twm install I saw the following messages:
>
> Cleanup   : xorg-x11-twm                 ##################### [173/266]
> groupdel: cannot rewrite group file
> groupdel: cannot rewrite shadow group file

My understanding is that during cleanup the pre/post-uninstall
scriptlets of the version you are removing are being processed.
Without knowing what the uninstall scriptlets were in the version of
xorg-x11-twm that you removed as part of the cleanup actually was...
its going to be difficult to diagnose that message.  The latest
xorg-x11-twm package  xorg-x11-twm-6.8.2-62 doesn't have any
scriptlets as far as I can tell so we can't look there for any clues.

-jef