custom kernels always panic since monday

Jason Dravet dravet at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 17 01:49:58 UTC 2005

I have been trying to boot a custom kernel I made last week but since monday
it and every kernel I have compiled since then panics during boot.  I have
tried vanilla kernels and fedora kernel SRPMS and both panic.  The only
kernels that run are fedora kernel rpms.

Here is what shows on the screen:

trying to resume from /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01
unable to access resume device
creating root device
mounting root filesystems
mount: error No such device or address mounting /dev/root on /sysroot as
ext3
setting up other filesystems
setting up new root fs
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
no fdtab.sys, mounting internal defaults
setuproot error mount /proc No such file or directory
setuproot error mount /sys No such file or directory
switching to new root and running init
unmounting old /dev
unmounting old /proc
unmounting old /sys
switch root: mount failed No such file or directory
kernel panic -not syncing attempted to kill init
[<c0120a96>] panic+0x46/0x1c0
[<c0121f3d>] profile_task_exit+0x3d/0x60
[<c0123d01>] do_exit+0x351/0x3b0
[<c015e06a>] do_munmap+0xea/0x120
[<c0123d17>] do_group_exit+0x37/0xa0
[<c0103269>] syscall_call+0x7/0xb

What is going on?  Should I open a bugzilla ticket?  If so, what component
should I say is the problem?

Thanks,
Jason