xmkmf in modular X

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Thu Nov 17 11:53:58 UTC 2005

Bojan Smojver writes:

> Just a quick one related to generation of files with xmkmf. It seems to
> want to run imake like this:

I doubt that anyone really wants to waste time on xmkmf anymore.  The rest
of the world moved to autoconf and automake.

> PS. I'm trying to build xbrightness RPM. If you need the spec file, I
> can shoot that over too.

Sounds like "xbrightness" is ancient code that nobody's maintaining any
more.

If you can't find a more recent version, based on autoconf and automake,
you'll just have to write one up yourself, I suppose.