init: API

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Nov 19 16:18:06 UTC 2005

--On Friday, November 18, 2005 11:12 PM -0600 Chris Adams
<cmadams at hiwaay.net> wrote:

> This is the init system.  When it doesn't work, I'll have to fix it on a
> VT510 hooked up to the serial console.  I don't want to have to jump
> through a lot of hoops to have to fix the system (so /usr may not be
> available for example); how do I use an XML editor?

Luxury these kids have today. In my day we had TECO on a printing terminal,
and *liked it*. And before me, the old guys had to edit their config files
with the toggle switches on the front panel. And sneered at me for being
such a wuss to need that fancy ASCII terminal. ;)