Open Office 2.0 - GNOME integration

Schlaegel 777tahder at schlaegel.com
Sun Nov 6 07:40:48 UTC 2005

On 11/3/05, Caolan McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com> wrote:
> What you mean is "the Novell version of the icons", rather than the
> "GNOME version" as the gnome integration features and components are the
> same in FC4, upstream and Novell/Ubuntu. There's no functional different
> in that arena.

I known in Ubuntu that there are other changes as well. In Ubuntu
under "Preferences->View->User Interface"
there is an option next to "Icon Size" that allows the user to choose
the icon style. This option lets the user choose between different
"images_*.zip" and also has an *auto* option that I haven't tried.
This change would be great for FC. It would enable the making of icon
theme rpms that contain an "images_*.zip". To the best of my
knowledge, right now there is no way to make a clean rpm that does
this because the rpm would need to replace images.zip which is owned
by the OOo rpm.