Open Office 2.0 - GNOME integration

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Nov 6 09:23:26 UTC 2005

Le samedi 05 novembre 2005 à 23:40 -0800, Schlaegel a écrit :
> On 11/3/05, Caolan McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com> wrote:
> > What you mean is "the Novell version of the icons", rather than the
> > "GNOME version" as the gnome integration features and components are the
> > same in FC4, upstream and Novell/Ubuntu. There's no functional different
> > in that arena.
>
> I known in Ubuntu that there are other changes as well. In Ubuntu
> under "Preferences->View->User Interface"
> there is an option next to "Icon Size" that allows the user to choose
> the icon style. This option lets the user choose between different
> "images_*.zip" and also has an *auto* option that I haven't tried.
> This change would be great for FC. It would enable the making of icon
> theme rpms that contain an "images_*.zip".

Though patching OO.o so it can pull images from the freedesktop-approved
icon theme hierarchy would be much better. Right now if I understand it
well there will always be problems trying to sync theme images with the
OO.o zipfile.

This is the kind of patch Sun will never write BTW, if it happens it
will come from the Linux community

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot