rawhide report: 20051104 changes

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Sun Nov 6 15:29:13 UTC 2005

Jack Tanner wrote:
> Elliot Lee wrote:
>
>> Red Hat's requirements for a build system are quite different from the
>> community's requirements for a build system. Think about Sarbanes-Oxley
>> compliance as an example.
>

> Wow. That's fascinating. Any chance you could give a very basic, very
> short example of how SOX compliance is relevant to build systems?

I can perhaps do even better than that...  There is a book entitled
"What is Sarbanes Oxley?" written by Guy P. Lander, ISBN:0-07-143796-7
which details various aspects of what Sarbanes-Oxley requires
publically traded corporations must do in order to be compliant with
the law.

The book should answer most of your questions pertaining to the
above.  If there are further questions after reading the book
however, you may prefer to discuss things further with an attourney
to get a deeper understanding.

Hope this helps.
TTYL