Where should the modular X11R7 fonts get installed to?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Nov 6 16:39:25 UTC 2005

Le dimanche 06 novembre 2005 à 11:28 -0500, Mike A. Harris a écrit :

> Another possible problem, is that I'm not sure if fontconfig/Xft
> support all of the font types that are supported by the core fonts
> system.

Well, I for one would appreciate if all the weirdo fonts were put in
fonts-xorg-x11-legacy, and only a minimal set needed for server startup
was installed by default.

In fact if we could have a legacy-free default config it would be even
better. The "can not find fixed" problems have been plaguing users which
had absolutely no need for fixed in the first place for years.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot