Default touchpad configuration confusing

Christian Rose menthos at menthos.com
Sun Nov 6 20:39:44 UTC 2005

On 11/6/05, Joe Desbonnet <jdesbonnet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Given that Firefox is the only application that affected me, changing
> Firefox's default behaviour is probably an acceptable fix.

Indeed.  It seems some newer laptops actually have the scrolling areas
on the touchpad clearly marked (I know at least mine has), so I would
consider a change that would disable the touchpad scrolling areas by
default a bug rather than a feature. If the hardware says it's there,
it should be.

However, undocumented (and therefore probably unexpected) features
like the Firefox default behaviour that interprets horizontal
scrolling as going back, would probably be helpful to have disabled by
default.

Christian